Egg in a bottle!
1. A hard-boiled egg
2. A transparent bottle which has little bit smaller mouth than the width of the egg.
3. Some hot water
1. Peel the hard-boiled egg and place it on the mouth of the bottle. Make sure that the egg doesn’t fall off the mouth of the bottle.
2. After making sure of that, take away the hard-boiled egg from the mouth of the bottle.
3. Now heat up some water and fill the bottle with it. Heat up enough water to fill one fifth or one fourth of the bottle.
4. Make sure that the water is not too much hot. Otherwise if the bottle is made of glass then it will crack or break and if the bottle is made of plastic its shape will change which will not be very good for the experiment.
5. Now put the hard-boiled egg again on the mouth of the bottle.
6. Waite until the water inside the bottle gets completely cold. It would be best if you put the bottle in a bowl full of cold water so that the water inside the bottle gets cold quickly.
1. When the water inside the bottle is hot the hard-boiled egg might jump or vibrate a little.
2. After the water gets cold the egg should get sucked into the bottle slowly.
|Egg in a bottle!|
MORE EXPERIMENTS FOR YOU:
1. Try using a burning matchstick instead of hot water.
2. Try using different kinds of eggs to see if that makes any difference in the experiment.3. You can put your finger on the hard-boiled egg placed on the mouth of the bottle to feel with how much pressure the hard-boiled is being pushed.